Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sunset beams over Paris



From our beautiful Paris balcony, this beautiful sunset on our last weekend here.

Today is also a very special day for the long - awaited LHC. (link here) The first beam will happen today at 9:o6 Paris time. There is live coverage all day. The Paris news has had been reporting about it for the last few days. Yesterday there were three articles in Le Monde. It's an exciting day for the scientists.

This is my last entry reporting about Paris and France from Paris as I leave in a few hours or as the French say, I will be starting my rentree. Undoubtedly at home we will still be basking in the afterglow and there is still is so much to tell! I hope I find the time to share those stories with you. The things I know I will miss the most can't be packed in a suitcase.

Signing off at 8:11AM.
A bientot!

No comments: